Fang Time II

Ahhh so we meet again Mon Chéri's. We are back again with Shanye Leighton.

The Vampire's Reflection - Shayne Leighton

The Vampire's Reflection (Of Light and Darkness) (Volume 2)
Author: Shayne Leighton
isbn: 9781613335307
language: English
format: e-book
categories: Fantasy, YA, Historical Fiction, Paranormal, Magic realism, Dark Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, Teen

Book Description:

Months after their brutal victory over Aiden and his hierarchy of Wizards, Charlotte and Valek have returned from Prague to their home in the Bohemian Occult City. However, this time, they are joined by their new band of misfit, magical friends. In the light of day, all seems to be at peace now that the Regime has been toppled, and the coven of rogue monsters has finally found their freedom. But Charlotte soon discovers that much like her adopted Vampire family, she has developed a strange addiction of her own. Her new disease is destroying her from the inside out, and Valek finds himself at a loss as he defies all odds to save her life. Danger continues to lurk around every corner and they realize that their happily-ever-after has not ended so happily after all, in this highly anticipated sequel of the Of Light and Darkness series.

Shayne does it AGAIN!!! Her second book pick right up form the last one without missing a beat and without much of a time jag. She is tenacious with her pen in a way that has me wanting more from her. She has figured out her niche in the vast world of writing and as a reader I am most happy.  I just get could not put it down once I got started.

The complexity of the story bring in new characters and tells how thing progressed after the great fight scene at the end of the last book.  We learn what it's like when you are hunted down by the Regime.  Then there is the vampire "mis-fits" that joins Valek & Charlotte at their home.  This one is darker than the first with even more emotions are triggered.

I hope that I will get to preview book #3 when it comes out.  And I will be recommending this to my reader friends & my local library.

I'm rocking this one out at 4.5 out of 5 stars!!

Until next time... with "A Simple Word."

Read On My Fellow Bibliophiles,