The Pelican Bride

The Pelican Bride - Beth White This historical fiction story was an easy read and well put together by the author, Betty White. Once I read the book, I was able to do some research and found that the events that take place could be quite plausible. Which had me giving her to thumbs up for that point alone.

We are transported to a time when King Louie of France was colonizing the gulf coast's at Fort Louis in 1704. The main character, Frenchwoman Genevieve Gaillain and her sister; board the frigate Pelican with the promise to marry upon arrival
While the reality of the harsh conditions set in Genevieve looks for a way to maintain her independences while her younger sister is more interested in landing the most prominent man at the fort. The author did have a balanced plot line that portrays the situation that makes you feel the heat, the mud and the tensions build around you in the land of liberty, there is jealousy, intrigue, and betrayal to make things all the more interesting to the pull the reader in the story.

I would give this 4.5 stars out of 5. I did recommend this book to the local library. I look forward to reading the next book in the series and has be looking for more from this author.

** I received this ARC book through Revell Publishing in exchange for my honest opinion rather it be good, bad or indifferent. So as always understand that this is my opinion and doesn't reflect on anyone associated with the printing of this book.**