Katie's Dream: A Novel

Katie's Dream: A Novel - Leisha Kelly

The hauntingly beautiful story of historical fiction had me engrossed right from the beginning. I didn't actually realise that this was a 3rd book in the series. So it could in theory - stand on it's own. It wasn't overly preachy and was easy to follow along. I look forward to reading more books from Leisha Kelly.

The story opens up in the Depression Era during a time when families are being broken up and farmed out to relatives has become a new & "normal"; reality. In this story we find an example of one family coming together in strength in each other, and God, when little Katie's is dropped off at the door by her "uncle". We are thrown into the turbulent and violent relationships of Samuel and Edward over the fathering of Katie. Even in spite the rumours, the fighting and other hardships of the times; the truth is found in the end down long and winding road of human emotions. Katie? Well ... Katie gets her dream in the end and beyond that you will have to read this wonderful story for yourself.

I give this book a 4.75 stars out of 5 and Highly recommended this book to others. I actually own this book but I'm giving my honest opinion without compensation from the author, the publishing house of Revell or any other members associated in the making of this book.