Quilt of Joy: Stories of Hope from the Patchwork Life

Quilt of Joy: Stories of Hope from the Patchwork Life - Mary Tatem It took me a while to track it down but it was worth it.

This book was an easy read with each story being only a couple pages long. So it makes the prefect bedside reader. On those nights that I was really tired, I could read one or two before shutting my eyes. Yes - there is a God/religious/spiritual theme to the book, but overall it didn't have that overly heavy "bible-up-side-the-head" feeling to me. The balance was well done and made for an enjoyable rhythm.

The illustrations depicting a quilt in the front of each section was beautifully done by Kevin Ingram.

I also found out that this on one of several of her Quilts of series. Which I'm actively searching for by request through Mel-Cat program at my library.

With this book I would heartily give it a 5 out a 5 star rating and plan to enjoy more of Mary's books. Thank You Mary for providing a wonderful mix of my 2 favorite past times together and leaving me an overall pleasant feeling and "Joy" that your book provided.